Guacamole is an amazingly easy side dish to make yet it adds a hearty authentic texture to Mexican food. Avocados have a buttery flavor that makes for a great chip dip, or as a condiment on tacos or enchiladas.
Unlike bean dip, which can be bought in a store with high quality, guacamole really needs to be freshly made. Never fear though, as long as you can find a ripe avocado, this dish only takes 5 minutes to make.
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Plum Tomato, diced.
- 1/4 Medium Spanish Onion, chopped.
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (Adjust to Taste).
- 1 Large Lime, or 2 Key Limes.
- If the Avocado is not fully ripe, dice it into small cubes.
- Add the spices and squeeze the lime onto the Avocado
- Mash thoroughly with a fork.
- Mix in the onions and tomatos. You can skip this step if you are using this dish as a condiment for Tacos since you will be adding other stuff to it.
- Serve with tortilla chips and Salsa.
Copyright © 2007, 2008 Lizabetti.com, All Rights Reserved