This earthy dish will help you fortify for the big game. Let's face it, you don't want to just start eating at game time. You need to take it one meal at a time leading up to kick-off. Nothing helps you prep your stomach for the extravaganza ahead like a nice pastrami hash.
- 1 Large Egg
- 4 Oz Lean Shaved Pastrami
- 1 Medium Potato
- 4 Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 pat of butter
- 2 Oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded.
- Wash and dry the potato. No need to peel it.
- Shred the potato with a cheese grater, place in a colander and sprinkle with sea salt. Let stand for about 15 minutes to lose its water.
- Pre-heat a fry pan over medium high heat, add a thin layer of olive oil. Let the oil get hot.
- Blot the potatoes with a paper towel and add to the hot oil.
- Stir the potatoes thoroughly as they cook. Fry to a golden brown. Remove from the fire and set aside.
- Fry the chopped onion to a golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are moist, set aside with the potatoes.
- Chop the pastrami and add to the hot fry pan, cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Throw the potatoes, onions and mushrooms in with the pastrami. Mix thoroughly.
- Add half the cheese and mix in.
- Place the mixture on a plate and cover with a pot lid.
- Fry the egg in the butter sunny side up.
- Coarse Grid fresh black pepper over the egg while it is cooking. Top it with the rest of the cheese.
- Remove the egg from the pan with a spatula and lay over the hash mixture.
- Serve with a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice. You need some anti-oxidants with this meal.
Copyright © 2007, 2008 Lizabetti.com, All Rights Reserved